Saturday, November 24, 2012

To the Zoo

Last week we took a trip to the local zoo. Even though I've been there several times, I still love seeing the animals and walking through the fall leaves.
Winter has really set in here, and I broke out my parka for a day outside.
 
I have to admit I had a lot of trouble deciding on a winter coat this year, and I
must have visited the Zara, Asos, River Island and New Look websites a zillion times. You'd think I would have spotted this beauty right away but truth is, sometimes you have to really see and touch the clothing to realize how much you like it. With it's down lining and fur lined hood, this one won me over the second I tried it on.
 

The hardest thing about winter attire is trying not to make it look bulky. Thick warm knits and heavy outerwear can make anyone look related to the Michelin man but there are always tricks to keep a look slick without sacrificing warmth.
Black tights (I always layer 2), a black wool sweater, metalic accents and a belt to emphasize the waist are some ways I try to avoid looking bulky and frumpy during these cold days.

Also, the pictures are a little dark as it was one of those great days where the sun stays covered for the entire four hours it's even up. Yes I just love this dreary climate.





 
 
 
 
 


Coat & Belt: Zara * Skirt: H&M * Sweater: Mango * Boots: River Island * Bag: Vero Moda * Watch: Michael Kors

Xx Ana


No comments: